What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is the practice of procedures that improve the appearance of the patient’s teeth. While this often improves the teeth, gums, or bite, it does not always improve the function of the teeth. There are many people who choose to have their teeth fixed cosmetically because it simply helps their self esteem so that they can smile with confidence. At Dental Care of La Verne, we make it a priority to have our patients walk out of the office feeling confident again.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
We offer a variety of options when it comes to cosmetic dentistry because we want to cater to the needs of all of our patients.
- White Fillings. If you have cavities that need to be filled, talk to the dentist about white fillings as an alternative to the traditional silver (mercury) fillings.
- ZOOM! Whitening. If your teeth have been discolored because of certain foods you eat, your age, or a smoking habit, ZOOM! Whitening can help to whiten those teeth again.
- Veneers. A veneer offers the option to have straight, beautiful teeth for someone who has chipped, crooked, or even just worn down teeth.
Benefits Of Cosmetic Dentistry
There are various forms of cosmetic dentistry which come with various benefits. Some of those benefits include:
- The color of the teeth can be improved, and the color of the fillings can match the teeth better.
- The natural teeth can become stronger and better protected.
- Some of the procedures do not take very long.
- All of our procedures are safe for the natural teeth of the patient.
- The results last for a very long time.
- The patient’s smile can become enhanced.
- The results look natural.
Cosmetic dentistry is not for everyone. You may decide with your dentist that a crown is the better option, or that an onlay or inlay is more in your price range.
Contact Dental Care of La Verne to make your appointment today.